Six tunes are new and original and, as always, all over the musical map — ska-inspired, rap inspired, balkan/jazz/rock/folk inspired. Four tunes are favorites that we felt deserved to be re-recorded as they have morphed considerably from when we first recorded them. And we couldn’t resist including the Rumba Tziganeasca which we love to play live but had never recorded. All in all, it is another mad, musical voyage.
Listen to the tunes right here. We’ve cued up “Not yet, Not Now”.
- Il Fait un Beau Soleil — an upbeat ska instrumental. “It’s a sunny day.”
- Still Standing — an R&B groove with something to say about resilience
- Not Yet, Not Now — ska, defiant and danceable
- Black Orchid — a Latin/ eastern European inspired instrumental
- Heaven on This Earth — ska with a secular sentiment. “I want a band of angels in my backyard.”
- Music in the Blood — a quirky sing-along in honor of large brass, with hints of polka. Go, Johny!
- Pica Pica Polka — southwest inspired polka with a long tail.
- Drifting Apart — a love song of sorts, nostalgic and intense
- Rumba Tziganeasca — traditional Romanian with an infectious beat
- La Pachulera — an instrumental “…like klezmer musicians stranded at a well lubricated Tijuana wedding party.”
- Making Way — ska instrumental propelling us forward.
All music & lyrics by Maggie Martin except the traditional “Rumba Tziganeasca”
©2014 Media Rare / Squeezin’ Diva Music (BMI)